as the Treasure Valley’s first
and most experienced youth cycling program.
B.Y.R.D.S. Cycling (Boise Young Rider Development Squad) is in the 22nd year offering Treasure Valley youth access and support to participate in the sport of cycling. On an annual basis we lead daily rides, weekly camps and clinics in mountain biking, road biking, and cyclocross for kids starting as young as 6 years of age.
- Designed to introduce and support youth across the community (ages 6 to 18+) to the sport of cycling.
- Recreational for the young rider interested to be involved in cycling.
- Competitive for the young rider that wants to prepare, train, and race at the highest levels of the sport. Currently racing on the World Tour:
- Will Barta (EF Education First Pro Cycling)
- Matteo Jorgenson (Movistar)
- Competitive program is year-round
- A 501 (c) (3) non-profit supporting Treasure Valley kids
- Recognized by USA Cycling as a “Center of Excellence” as among the very best youth specific cycling programs in the USA.
- The most active youth specific cycling program in the USA with weekly activities in road cycling, mountain biking, and cyclocross.
- Designed for kids and families.
- At BYRDS… “no one sits on the bench!”
BYRDS Spring Recreational MTB Session 2021
Spring Session (see note) – April 12th, 2021 through July 1st, 2021
Monday evenings – 6:00 pm to 7:30 pm – Camels Back Park
Thursday evenings – 6:00 pm to 7:30 pm – Fort Boise/Military Reserve
The B.Y.R.D.S. Recreational program offers youth that are new to sport, as well as experienced, a structured ride environment in a consistent weekly format. Rides are Monday evenings and Thursday evenings Please review our CALENDAR for ride time specifics, location, and type of ride, as well as our facebook page, BYRDS Cycling, for last minute updates. All rides are lead by a coach and experienced ride leaders.
- NOTE – due to COVID-19 we will be signing in riders as they arrive to participate in the evening session for contact tracing, and wearing masks as we organize each group for their ride. Masks can be removed when we start riding.
- Rider release form – please bring to first ride or send in to BYRDS Cycling, 1114 W. Jefferson St., Boise, Idaho 83702
Fall Recreational MTB Session, 2021
August 9th, 2021 to October 28th, 2021
Cost per session per rider – $250.00 (we accept Venmo – BYRDS Cycling)
Checks are also accepted – please send to
BYRDS Cycling, 1114 W. Jefferson St., Boise, Idaho 83702
BYRDS Competitive Team
The B.Y.R.D.S. Eagles / Falcons program is designed as a year-round after school program offering coaching, mentoring, training and preparation for competitive event activities across the USA in the disciplines of road racing, mountain bike racing, and cyclocross racing. Eagles / Falcons is designed to help both riders and parents experience and learn about the sport of junior cycling, as well as offer an environment that is positive, supportive, and helps set the right expectations for success for both the team and it’s members.
Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, – Eagles/Falcons – after school (4:00 pm) (riders are not required to attend every ride).
Saturdays – Eagles/Falcons training – 11:00 am
Training begins and ends from Endurance Boise, 1114 West Jefferson St., Boise
Come ride with B.Y.R.D.S.
BYRDS Cycling welcomes new riders and families to the club throughout the season. Annually more than 200 kids participate in weekly road, mountain bike, and cyclocross rides, events and races. Weekly training rides for competitive riders are constantly taking place ( join at any time), and recreational rides for club riders start in late March and extend throughout the summer into late October. And….absolutely no one sits on the bench. Come ride with B.Y.R.D.S.