B.Y.R.D.S. Cycling (Boise Young Rider Development Squad) is in it’s 19th year offering Treasure Valley youth access and support to participate in the sport of cycling. On an annual basis we lead daily rides, weekly camps and clinics in mountain biking, road biking, and cyclocross for kids starting as young as 6 years of age.
- Designed to introduce and support youth across the community (ages 6 to 18+) to the sport of cycling.
- A 501 (c) (3) non-profit supporting Treasure Valley kids.
- A weekly after school program.
- Recognized by USA Cycling as a “Center of Excellence”.
- Among the very best youth specific cycling programs in the USA.
- The most active youth specific cycling program in the USA with weekly activities in road cycling, mountain biking, and cyclocross.
- Recreational for the young rider that wants to be involved in cycling.
- Competitive for the young rider that wants to prepare, train, and race at the highest levels of the sport.
- Designed for kids and families.
- At BYRDS… “no one sits on the bench!”
The B.Y.R.D.S. Recreational program offers youth that are new to sport, as well as experienced, a structured ride environment in a consistent weekly format. B.Y.R.D.S. Recreational rides are Monday evenings and Thursday evenings starting each year from the end of March when trail conditions allow and ending in late October due to less daylight time after school and temperature changes. Please review our CALENDAR for ride time specifics, location, and type of ride, as well as our facebook page, BYRDS Cycling, for last minute updates. All rides are lead by a coach and experienced ride leaders.
The B.Y.R.D.S. Eagles / Falcons program is designed as a year-round after school program offering coaching, mentoring, training and preparation for competitive event activities across the USA in the disciplines of road racing, mountain bike racing, and cyclocross racing. Eagles / Falcons is designed to help both riders and parents experience and learn about the sport of junior cycling, as well as offer an environment that is positive, supportive, and helps set the right expectations for success for both the team and it’s members.
Come ride with B.Y.R.D.S.
BYRDS Cycling welcomes new riders and families to the club throughout the season. Annually more than 200 kids participate in weekly road, mountain bike, and cyclocross rides, events and races. Weekly training rides for competitive riders are constantly taking place ( join at any time), and recreational rides for club riders start in late March and extend throughout the summer into late October. And….absolutely no one sits on the bench. Come ride with B.Y.R.D.S.
Please refer to our website ‘Calendar’ page for specific ride information.
Recreational Rides for 2018:
… Spring Session – Mondays and Thursdays – Club Rides – March 26th through June 25th, 2018 ($200.00 for session 1)
… Fall Session – Mondays and Thursdays – Club Rides – Aug 6th through November 1st, 2018 ($200.00 for session 2)
Mondays – Location – Camels Back Park – 6:00 pm to 7:30 pm – All Club ride mountain bikes.
Thursdays – Location – Fort Boise/Reserve Park – 6:00 pm to 7:30 pm – All Club mountain bike.
Competitive rides for 2018:
Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, – Eagles/Falcons – after school (~4:00 pm) – time adjusted based on training activity or event.
Saturdays – Eagles/Falcons training – 11:00 am – endurance riding and training starting from Endurance Boise, 1114 West Jefferson St., Boise